Heavy duty racks are shelving systems designed for medium to large sized goods, such as pallets and machinery. Their strength and durability make them well suited for commercial and industrial warehouse storage, where various materials and products need to be stored.
Today, heavy duty racks are becoming increasingly popular among logistics and manufacturing companies, and mid-sized and larger businesses that require warehouses for better operation.
If you operate a warehouse, heres 4 reasons on why having a heavy duty racking system can be beneficial to your business:
Maximize Warehouse Space
- The issue of space is a common problem that many warehouses face. Economically wise, it makes sense for warehouse operators to make use of scarce floor space to store as many products as possible.
- By installing a heavy duty racking system, businesses can tap into unused vertical space rather than just the initial floor plan space for additional storage. This means that the warehouse capacity can be maximized to store as many products as possible, leading to precious space and money being saved.
Increase Warehouse Efficiency
- When products are stored vertically with the help of heavy duty racks, it makes it easier for employees to organize and retrieve them whenever needed. Moreover, heavy duty racks can be set up in a way that allows for forklifts to be driven through. This helps employees to cut down time when accessing the products.
- Through saving storage space, more floor space can be allocated for employees and machinery like forklifts and trucks to move about. This would decrease the number of obstacles across the warehouse floor, in turn increasing employee productivity.
Improve Warehouse Safety
- An organized and more efficient warehouse will significantly decrease the chances of potential hazards and injuries happening in the workplace. Heavy duty racking systems not only increase your storage space, but also allow for wider walkways and paths for machinery to be made. This would result in fewer tripping hazards along the pathways which helps improve employee safety.
- For additional safety purposes, heavy duty racks can also be bolted to the warehouse floor to improve stability and reduce the threat of collapse during disasters.
Convenience of Set-up
- Heavy duty racks use structural pallets that can be easily installed and uninstalled. This makes setting up of the racking system convenient as it can be done during normal warehouse operation hours without much disruption to business operations.
- During installation, racking accessories like frame guards and guide rails can also be added on to improve the racking systems overall efficiency and safety.
Overall, the benefits of having a heavy duty racking system are well worth the costs of purchasing one. If optimized correctly, your warehouse has the potential to soar in productivity and increase your returns on investment exponentially.
When deciding to buy your own racking system, it is a good idea to consult a professional like NTL Storage Solutions who has extensive experience in recommending ideal rack types most suited for your specific warehouse needs.
For more information on warehouse racking systems, contact NTL Storage Solutions here.